Each person, firm, corporation, or other business entity must obtain a City of Pelham business license prior to conducting business activity in the City of Pelham. The license year is January 1 through December 31. Business license renewals are due January 1 and delinquent after January 31 each year. Cash, checks, and credit cards are the accepted forms of payment. Credit card service providers charge a 3.5% convenience fee.
Proof of State certification is required for certain classifications. For additional license information, call the Business License and Revenue Clerk at 205.620.6480.
Inspections from both the Building Department and Fire Department must be made prior to occupancy and the issuance of a business license. When completing the license application, the business must also complete an inspection request form and pay the required inspection fee. Once both inspections have been made and approval is given, the business license will be issued, and the business can occupy the location. If you have questions about the process or code requirements, please call City Hall at 205.620.6400 or the Fire Department at 205.620.6500.
- How do I obtain a business license?
- What information is required to obtain a license?
- How much is a business license?
- What are the requirements and costs for a Door-to-Door Solicitors License?
- When does my license expire?
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Do I need a business license for my mobile food unit?