Yard Debris Pick Up
The Street Department picks up clippings and yard debris placed curbside by citizens in residential areas.
- Limbs should be 5 feet or less in length and 50 pounds or less in weight
- Grass clippings, leaves and small yard debris should be properly bagged (Bags should be of sufficient strength to hold the contents of the bag without tearing apart.)
- Yard debris should be placed curbside no later than 6:00 a.m. on Monday to ensure that is will be picked up during that week.
- Items should be placed in a clear area: not around utility boxes, power or cable lines, under trees, or around traffic or street signs.
- Never place trash or debris in or around storm drains.
Items Not Accepted
- Items discarded by contractors doing home improvements or lawn maintenance for residents. Removal of all discarded materials should be included in all price quotes and agreements between contractors and residents.
- Regular household garbage.
Shelby County Landfill Free Days
Shelby County offers two free days each year for residents to use the Shelby County Landfill. The landfill does not accept toxic materials. If you have questions, please call 205-669-3737.